As an essential business, Hybridge has half our team in the office and the other half of “designated survivors” are working from home. We know working from home is tough: it can feel monotonous and isolating. Creating and maintaining that “team” feeling and nurturing your company culture is challenging when everyone is dispersed – challenging but not impossible! Here are some ideas to create connections in your company and maintain that team spirit alive while working remotely.
Virtual Team Builders
- There are various platforms available to create virtual games. We looked at Let’s Roam for a platform that allows you to create one-of-a-kind games to engage remote teams.
- There’s Trivia, Charades, Let’s Draw, Fact or Fib, Impersonations, Riddle Me This, and more. You can even create custom trivia specific to your team.
- Size doesn’t matter - whether your team has 5 or 100 people, you can create an activity to fit your team. Learn more Here.
- Kahoot – this is a popular trivia-only learning platform that is easy to use. You can create a trivia game on any topic and share the game via a PIN to remote players. You can either use your phone or desktop at Kahoot.it to join in on the fun.
City Brew Tours
- Beer tasting from the comfort of your home! They provide everything needed to experience a beer and cheese tasting by delivering custom tasting boxes to participants a few days before the event. The tasting boxes include up to 2-5 beers and gourmet cheeses, artisanal chocolates with the ability to customize your box (i.e. custom pint glasses, koozies, etc.) for a nominal fee.
- Their private live Homebrew Experience lets your team become brewers in the comfort of their own home. The experience requires no prior knowledge and comes with the equipment and ingredients for participants to make their first full case of beer. All materials are shipped nationwide right to a participant’s front door. Learn more Here.
- We know weren’t the only ones that were hit with the quarantine-15. A fun idea to engage the team in some friendly competition is to create a fitness challenge that people pay into. Winners are determined by who lost the most, who was the most determined, who is most likely to continue to drop pounds, and more.
- Create a walking challenge with Stridekick. This app lets you break into teams and whoever has had the most steps at the end of the competition wins. All you have to do it walk and the app does the rest. Another great thing about this app is it connects to variety of fitness trackers you may already have like Fitbit, Apple Health, or Google Fit.
- And if your company wants to do something for a good cause there is Charity Miles. The app lets you log a variety of movement like biking, running, walking, and dancing to raise money for over 40 charities. For every mile you move, you help earn money for your charity from their corporate sponsorship pool. They’ll be healthier and happier while working from home.
Just because your team is remote, doesn’t mean they don’t want to be connected to the office or each other. Now more than ever it is important to keep up company moral and for your team to feel like: “we are all in this together”. Invest the time to put a little fun into work and bring everyone together – it will pay dividends ten-fold.
If you would like more information on how to maintain your team bond while remote or if you have any other ideas that have helped your company maintain its company morale please contact us for info (at) Hybridge.com.