In “Move to Something New: Migrate to the cloud today,” we discussed spring cleaning your office by getting rid of servers and moving to the cloud. But what about spring cleaning your desk and personal space? Cleaning and organizing may be time consuming, but it can make you more efficient and will definitely make your personal space at work feel more welcoming. Here are some steps on how to clean your desk space thoroughly this spring.
Spring Cleaning Steps:
- Organize your things into three piles: things to toss, recycle, or donate, things to keep that are frequently used, and things to put away and file.
- Dust every surface. Thoroughly wipe down your monitor, chair, and accessories. Disinfect your keyboard, phone, desk, and mouse. Vacuum out drawers and your rug. Untangle, organize, and label all cords.
- Throw away what you no longer need! Discard broken items, throw out old magazines, catalogues, and flyers, and shred all other outdated paperwork (but make sure you have digital copies of anything you might need before shredding).
- Utilize desk and drawer organizers. Keep only the essential items on your desk and put everything else away in drawers. Label all your supplies and keep only what you will use in the next year.
- Organize your computer. First things first, make sure your computer is backed up (if you are a Hybridge client, don’t worry, we ensure that it is always backed up). Then, organize files and documents into folders. Organize your internet browser and clear cookies, cache, and bookmarks. If you are a Hybridge client, we can help with this step.
- Organize your email. Unsubscribe from newsletters you no longer read and set up inbox rules and folders (or labels if you use Gmail).
If you are a Hybridge client, we are always in the background doing “spring cleaning” on your computer and network. We constantly check that your antivirus is up-to-date, your computer is backed up, and there are no threats to your network.
If you would like some additional maintenance, contact us via email at info at hybridge.com or phone, 888-353-1763.