Are you stressed and distracted by holiday shopping? Do you wish you were on vacation on a beach somewhere instead of sitting at your desk? There are many different demands and expectations during the holiday season that make it difficult to juggle everything. From holiday parties to gift shopping to traveling for the holiday, it can be hard to stay focused and productive at work. It is also easy to simply become unmotivated and just want to curl up with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa instead of going to work. So how do you stay productive and motivated this month?
Tips on how to stay productive:
- Take a few days off – The best advice is to not work every day this month. If your office does not take a week off during the holidays, make sure you take a couple days off to relax and spend time with your family. The holidays are hectic and you deserve to take some time off for yourself.
- Plan early and prioritize tasks – If you do not typically create to-do lists, this month is when you should give it a try. Personally and professionally, to-do lists can work wonders. Create a list of all the Christmas shopping you need to accomplish and check things off as you get them. This will stop you from aimlessly wondering the aisles at Target looking for something to get your father-in-law. Also, planning your holiday tasks beforehand will allow you to have a clearer mind when you are at work.
- Avoid multitasking – Since it is the end of the year, you may have many different projects that must be completed in the next couple weeks. Instead of stressing out and getting overwhelmed, ask for help. Others in your department might be able to take some things off your plate. Focus on one project and task at a time.
- Don’t take your work home – This holiday season, try to keep work at work and not take it home with you. Yes, this is easier said than done, but try to get everything accomplished in the office so when you are home you can focus on your family and personal tasks.
- Embrace the holidays – Make sure you let yourself have fun and enjoy this holiday season. Go to that holiday party and celebrate everything you accomplished in 2017! Embrace the holiday season and enjoy this time of year.
Hybridge wishes you a happy and joyful holiday season!