If you love your computer, and even if you don’t, like all relationships in your life, you must nurture it, take care of it, and show it that you love it. Take time this month to start early on your computer spring cleaning! Take care of it and it will love you back with faster processing time, faster load times and better performance.
If you are a Hybridge client, you are way ahead of the game. Hybridge performs computer maintenance on all computers under our care on a quarterly basis. However, for home computers or if you aren’t yet a Hybridge client, here are a few of the things we do during our maintenance:
- Run a deep scan using your security software.
- Install and run Malwarebytes to check for malware and clean out tracking cookies (then uninstall it or it will keep asking you to buy it).
- Check the event viewer for disk or other hardware errors.
- Uninstall or disable any browser or Outlook add-ins, or bloat-ware like Microsoft Teams or OneNote that have added themselves.
- Install uBlock Origin ad blocker. Ensure Chrome is still the default browser.
- Check that the cloud backup and remote management software has auto-updated to the latest versions.
If you have any questions on how to do the tasks above, call or email us, we are here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org