Congratulations on your new phone! Now that you have gone through the phone set up and restored all data from iCloud, you are still not ready to go! All those codes that you need for 2FA will not automatically transfer to your new phone.
Here’s a quick way to transfer your 2FA codes:
- First, make sure you have the latest version of the Google Authenticator application on both phones because some actions are not available in previous versions of the application
- On your old iPhone, select the three dots on the upper right corner of the application
- Select export accounts
- Follow prompts to export all accounts
- You will get a QR code that you must then scan from your NEW phone
- On your new phone click the + button on the bottom right
- Select scan code
- Scan the QR code being shown on your old phone
That’s it, all of your 2FA accounts now appear on your new phone and you are ready to go!
We recommend waiting a few days before wiping your old phone to make sure you have everything you need, then be sure to follow the Apple instructions for wiping your phone before selling it.
Share this blog: