This summer let technology help you keep track of your kids and family so you have one less thing to worry about when having fun in the sun …. Or stuck at work.
Whether you’re going away on vacation or your kids are at home, these clever apps and gadgets can help keep a remote eye on those you love:
1. Find My Friends
A simple, free family locator app for iOS devices.
- Invite your family and friends to share their location with you.
- GPS tracking will show their location on your device.
- Its privacy setting allows users to “hide” their device’s location.
- The Parent Control feature prevents your kids from “hiding” their location.
2. Life360 Family Locator
Complete, free group locator, messaging, and alerting app available in Android and iOS.
- The GPS tracking lets you locate multiple people at once.
- Its messaging feature lets you keep private or group conversations.
- Users can “check-in” when they have arrived at their destination.
- The app will alert you of your kids’ safe arrival at home.
- Users can send alerts to their group if anything is going on.
- A paid extension of this app called Life360 Driver Protect includes crash detection, driving analysis weekly reports, and 24/7 Driver Care Support for those family members that drive.
A simple and small tracking tile that you can attach to nearly any item you wouldn’t want to lose during your vacation. Or even back home!
- This tile is not meant to be attached to kids or pets.
- Attach the Tile to an item, and make it ring from the phone app if lost.
- Can’t find your phone? Double press your Tile to make your phone ring even if it’s on silent.
- Keeps a history of the last place seen for the item you are looking for.
- Access the world’s largest lost-and-found community, and get help on finding your lost items.